10 L Filtering Flask
United brand filtration glassware is manufactured from low-expansion Type 1, Class A Borosilicate 3.3 glass that complies with ASTM E438 Standard Specification for Glasses in Laboratory Apparatus.
Recommendations for safe use of United Filtration Glassware:
- Wear eye and face protection when working with a vacuum or pressure apparatus.
- Inspect glassware for flaws such as cracks, scratches, deep scoring and etching marks before using vacuum apparatus.
- Assemble the vacuum apparatus so as to avoid strain to the glassware. The filtering flask should be supported from below as well as by the neck.
- Tape the glassware to minimize projectiles due to the unlikely event of an implosion. Use a crisscross pattern of filament tape and/or build a enclosre around the flask.
- Use adequate shielding when conducting pressure and vacuum operations, such as a clear acrylic barrier.
- Know the chemistry of the filter flask contents to make sure that they are appropriate for the use under high vacuum.
- Do not jar, strike or drop a flask that is under vacuum pressure. Also, avoid exposing the flask to unnecessary vibrations from equipment on the same bench, loud music, etc. The flask should be anchored in place with a ring stand and clamp.
- Use low-intensity vacuum. Do not use equipment capable of producing vacuum greater that 25 microns Hg.
Manufactured from low-expansion Type 1, Class A Borosilicate 3.3 glass that complies with ASTM E438 Standard Specification for Glasses in Laboratory Apparatus.