Until now! Heathrow Scientific has developed a dual purpose centrifuge/magnetic stirrer called the MagFuge. The MagFuge's patented dual design provides magnetic stirring and high speed centrifugation in one powerful unit. This is truly an innovative design that provides substantial cost and benchtop space savings by having two pieces of equipment in one.
Please review the Magfuge's feature and specifications below to see just how innovative it is.
The MagFuge® by Heathrow Scientific is the industry’s first high-speed centrifuge and magnetic stirrer, combined into one unit. This design innovation enables a substantial cost savings for labs by not having to purchase two pieces of equipment, a stirrer and a centrifuge, because the MagFuge® does it all.
- Made from a durable chemically resistant ABS and polycarbonate making it easy to clean, maintenance free and helps lower the cost of ownership
- The modern low-profile design is compact and has a small footprint for labs with limited bench space and limited height that ultimately helps reduced clutter in the lab
- An easy to use back-lit digital control panel for time, speed and operations ensures effective outcomes and streamlines the work flow process by allowing for quick set up
- US Design Patent No. D814,045 and Utility Patent Pending
- Community Design No. 003515337-0001-0002 European Patent App. 3 246 088
High-Speed Mini Centrifuge
The high-speed Centrifuge (12,500 RPM) is designed to give you maximum speed and flexibility while being comfortable and easy to use.
- Ideal for most protocols requiring fast spins (12,500rpm / 9,800 x g), and appropriate for PCR, microfilter cell separation, and HPLC protocols
- Adjustable time (30 seconds to 60 minutes) and speed (500 to 12,500 RPM)
- Variable speed can be set in RPM or RCF and has rapid acceleration and fast controlled breaking
- Two rotors included, 12 place for 1.5/2.0 mL tubes and 6 place for 5 mL tubes with adapters for additional tube sizes
- Manual lid override allows users to open lid in case of a power failure and prevents loss of samples
- Safety features help ensure it will not operate when the lid is open, a rotor is jammed, or the unit is out of balance
The high-performance Magnetic Stirrer (3L Plus) is designed to provide a powerful magnetic coupling that ensures consistent accurate alignment of the stir bar that significantly reduce the chance of spin-outs.
- Ideal for work with sensitive samples such as cell lines and protocols requiring more aggressive mixing to quickly achieve full dilution of samples in solution
- Multiple stirring modes, clockwise, c. clockwise and oscillate enable protocols to be controlled precisely for reproducible results
- Adjustable time (30 seconds to 60 minutes or continuous) and speed (50 to 2,500 RPM)
- After hours of continuous use, the unit remains cool ensuring sample integrity
- Sensor technology prevents the stirrer rotor from being used above 2,500 RPM helping to protect users and prevent unit damage
- Two silicone mats are included to help prevent spills and to help keep vessels stable
- High-quality rare-earth magnets are used in the stirrer rotor to ensure the strongest magnetic coupling
- Two rare-earth stir bars (40 x 12 mm) included have PTFE coating for chemical resistance
Precision, literally at the touch of one button!
The MagFuge® offers an easy to program digital display.
Multiple functions and options are available to achieve the best possible centrifugation and stirring results for a wide range of protocols.
Conveniently rotate the knob to choose the function desired (centrifuge or stirrer) and push to lock in the selection
After selecting a function, rotate through the performance options and select the program to meet your requirements.
- Speed Display or Stirrer Mode
- Speed: Centrifuge 500 to 12,500 RPM Stirrer 50 to 2,500 RPM, 5 sec. increments
- Time: 30 seconds to 60 minutes, 5 sec. increments (continuous option for stirrer)
Last run memory feature is avaliable for repeat protocol requirements.
|Power||Universal 12V DC input 4 cord sets: Low voltage, double insulated power adapter|
|Weight||1.85 kg (4.08 lb)|
|Certifications||CE, SGS, RoHS2, WEEE|
|Operating Temp||Range 2°C to 40°C|
|Max Relative Humidity||Non-condensing, 80% for temperatures up to 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% R.H. at 40°C|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||9.2 x 7.3 x 4.7 in (23.5 x 18.5 x12 cm)|
|Speed Range||500 – 999 rpm (increments of 1); 1,000 – 5,000 rpm (increments of 5); 5,000 – 12,500 rpm (increments of 25)|
|RCF||16 – 9,783 x g (max RCF calculated)|
|Capacity||12 place 1.5/2.0 mL tube rotor: 24 mL total maximum liquid volume|
|6 place 5 mL tube rotor: 30 mL total maximum liquid volume|
|Run Time Ranges||30 seconds – 60 minutes (5 second increments)|
|MagFuge® Magnetic Stirrer|
|Speed Range||50 – 999 rpm (increments of 1); 1,000 – 2,500 rpm (increments of 5)|
|Capacity||3L total maximum vessel liquid volume. Diameter of vessel not to exceed 130 mm (6.70”)|
|Run Time Ranges||30 seconds to 60 minutes or continuous (5 second increments)|
|Oscillating Period||1 second – 60 minutes or continuous|
|Stir Bar Dimensions||40 x 12 mm cylindrical shape, rare-earth|
|Plate Dimensions||Approx 130 mm diameter|
- Three Rotors: 5 mL Tube Rotor, 1.5/2.0 mL Tube Rotor, Stirrer Rotor
- 12 Tube adapters 0.2 mL
- 12 Tube adapters for 0.5 mL
- 2 Silcone mats for stirrer lid
- 2 Rare-Earth PTFE coated stir bars stir bars
- 1 Low voltage, double insulated power adapter with 4 cord sets