Reliable Hotplate Stirrers with Exceptional Safety Features for Everyday Use
OHAUS Guardian 5000™ Hotplates Stirrers are designed for safety and simplicity in all research, academia and industrial applications. The design ensures proper mixing and temperature control of the top plate or your sample when using the optional temperature probe. Heating models include a Single Point Calibration feature for multiple setpoints. Select from five models with three plate sizes for your everyday heating and stirring applications.
- SafetyHeat™ System Protects the Lab An industry-leading early detection system that uses two independent safety controls to continuously monitor the electronics and shut off heating before an overtemperature condition occurs.
- Easy to Read LCD Display With Everything You Need to Know The bright LCD display includes large temperature and speed settings, intuitive icons and a prominent hot top indicator - all designed to quickly and easily monitor performance from across the lab.
- Designed for Durability and Reliability with the Exclusive SmartHousing™ The SmartHousing™ is chemical resistant with an innovative, easy-to-clean design that channels spills away from internal components and the angled control panel.
Consistently safe to use at high temperature settings with chemical resistant, easy-to-clean design that remains cool to the touch and channels away spills from internal components and the angled control panel.
- Boiling Water
- Water/Oil Bath Preparation
- Sample and Solution Preparation
- Dissolving Buffers and Reagents
- Preparing Media
- Concentrating Samples
|Function||Heating and Stirring|
|Plate Size (LxLxWxW)||10 in x 254 mm x 10 in x 254 mm|
|Speed Range||60 rpm – 1,600 rpm|
|Dimensions||4.8 in x 16.3 in x 11.25 in (122 mm x 415 mm x 286 mm)|
|Display||Custom Backlit LCD|
|In-use cover||Available as an Accessory|
|Net Weight||11.5 lb (5.2 kg)|
|Power||120V, 11.2A, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||1,210 W|
|Speed Range||60 to 1600 rpm|
|Working Environment||41°F – 104°F, 80%RH, non-condensing (5°C – 40°C, 80%RH, non-condensing)|
|Number of Positions||Single Position|