SmartGlow™ PS Pre Stain
Ideal for excitation of nucleic acids with UV of blue light. Unlike EtBR, SmartGlow is non mutagenic and does not require special methods of disposal.
SmartGlow PS (Pre Stain) can be used as a direct replacement for Ethidium Bromide in agarose and polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. The stain emits green fluorescence when bound to dsDNA or ssDNA and emits red fluorescence when bound to RNA. SmartGlow PS exhibits excitation peaks at 290nm and 490nm, allowing it to be used with UV and blue light.
- Replaces hazardous ethidium bromide (EtBr)
- Better sensitivity than EtBr (down to 0.1ng)
- Excitation of both UV and blue light
- Ships at ambient temperature (store at 4°C)
- Two types: PS (Pre-Stain) or LD (Loading Dye)
- Compatible with SmartBlue™ Transilluminator