MAGFUGE® 2 in 1
A truly great product is ultimately defined by its functional design.
The MagFuge® by Heathrow Scientific is the industry’s first high-speed centrifuge and magnetic stirrer, combined into one unit. This design innovation enables a substantial cost savings for labs by not having to purchase two pieces of equipment, a stirrer and a centrifuge, because the MagFuge® does it all.
- Made from a durable chemically resistant ABS and polycarbonate making it easy to clean, maintenance free and helps lower the cost of ownership
- The modern low-profile design is compact and has a small footprint for labs with limited bench space and limited height that ultimately helps reduced clutter in the lab
- An easy to use back-lit digital control panel for time, speed and operations ensures effective outcomes and streamlines the work flow process by allowing for quick set up
- US Design Patent No. D814,045 and Utility Patent Pending
- Community Design No. 003515337-0001-0002 European Patent App. 3 246 088
High-Speed Mini Centrifuge
The high-speed Centrifuge (12,500 RPM) is designed to give you maximum speed and flexibility while being comfortable and easy to use.
- Ideal for most protocols requiring fast spins (12,500rpm / 9,800 x g), and appropriate for PCR, microfilter cell separation, and HPLC protocols
- Adjustable time (30 seconds to 60 minutes) and speed (500 to 12,500 RPM)
- Variable speed can be set in RPM or RCF and has rapid acceleration and fast controlled breaking
- Two rotors included, 12 place for 1.5/2.0 mL tubes and 6 place for 5 mL tubes with adapters for additional tube sizes
- Manual lid override allows users to open lid in case of a power failure and prevents loss of samples
- Safety features help ensure it will not operate when the lid is open, a rotor is jammed, or the unit is out of balance
The high-performance Magnetic Stirrer (3L Plus) is designed to provide a powerful magnetic coupling that ensures consistent accurate alignment of the stir bar that significantly reduce the chance of spin-outs.
- Ideal for work with sensitive samples such as cell lines and protocols requiring more aggressive mixing to quickly achieve full dilution of samples in solution
- Multiple stirring modes, clockwise, c. clockwise and oscillate enable protocols to be controlled precisely for reproducible results
- Adjustable time (30 seconds to 60 minutes or continuous) and speed (50 to 2,500 RPM)
- After hours of continuous use, the unit remains cool ensuring sample integrity
- Sensor technology prevents the stirrer rotor from being used above 2,500 RPM helping to protect users and prevent unit damage
- Two silicone mats are included to help prevent spills and to help keep vessels stable
- High-quality rare-earth magnets are used in the stirrer rotor to ensure the strongest magnetic coupling
- Two rare-earth stir bars (40 x 12 mm) included have PTFE coating for chemical resistance
Precision, literally at the touch of one button!
The MagFuge® offers an easy to program digital display.
Multiple functions and options are available to achieve the best possible centrifugation and stirring results for a wide range of protocols.
Conveniently rotate the knob to choose the function desired (centrifuge or stirrer) and push to lock in the selection
After selecting a function, rotate through the performance options and select the program to meet your requirements.
- Speed Display or Stirrer Mode
- Speed: Centrifuge 500 to 12,500 RPM Stirrer 50 to 2,500 RPM, 5 sec. increments
- Time: 30 seconds to 60 minutes, 5 sec. increments (continuous option for stirrer)
Last run memory feature is avaliable for repeat protocol requirements.
|Power||Universal 12V DC input 4 cord sets: Low voltage, double insulated power adapter|
|Weight||1.85 kg (4.08 lb)|
|Certifications||CE, SGS, RoHS2, WEEE|
|Operating Temp||Range 2°C to 40°C|
|Max Relative Humidity||Non-condensing, 80% for temperatures up to 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% R.H. at 40°C|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||9.2 x 7.3 x 4.7 in (23.5 x 18.5 x12 cm)|
|Speed Range||500 – 999 rpm (increments of 1); 1,000 – 5,000 rpm (increments of 5); 5,000 – 12,500 rpm (increments of 25)|
|RCF||16 – 9,783 x g (max RCF calculated)|
|Capacity||12 place 1.5/2.0 mL tube rotor: 24 mL total maximum liquid volume|
|6 place 5 mL tube rotor: 30 mL total maximum liquid volume|
|Run Time Ranges||30 seconds – 60 minutes (5 second increments)|
|MagFuge® Magnetic Stirrer|
|Speed Range||50 – 999 rpm (increments of 1); 1,000 – 2,500 rpm (increments of 5)|
|Capacity||3L total maximum vessel liquid volume. Diameter of vessel not to exceed 130 mm (6.70”)|
|Run Time Ranges||30 seconds to 60 minutes or continuous (5 second increments)|
|Oscillating Period||1 second – 60 minutes or continuous|
|Stir Bar Dimensions||40 x 12 mm cylindrical shape, rare-earth|
|Plate Dimensions||Approx 130 mm diameter|
- Three Rotors: 5 mL Tube Rotor, 1.5/2.0 mL Tube Rotor, Stirrer Rotor
- 12 Tube adapters 0.2 mL
- 12 Tube adapters for 0.5 mL
- 2 Silcone mats for stirrer lid
- 2 Rare-Earth PTFE coated stir bars stir bars
- 1 Low voltage, double insulated power adapter with 4 cord sets