CMU Controlled Electromantles
You can rely on CMU Electromantles to be the heating workhorse within your laboratory. They are economical to run, robust and easy to use, and cater for the most popular flask sizes, making them flexible enough to meet almost all of your laboratory's heating requirements.
CMU metal-cased Electromantles are used in chemistry to heat liquids in round bottom flasks. They are ideal for busy laboratories with multiple users as they are very safe to use, the metal case being designed to remain cool when in operation. Additionally, they have a stainless steel grounded earth screen covering the element and are double-fused for added safety. In the event of any liquid spillage, the heating mantles automatically cut out to protect the user from electric shocks.
Electrothermal Heating Mantles are manufactured to the highest quality in our UK manufacturing facility. Each mantle is made with extreme care and is hand sewn to assure its reliability, quality and safety. Maximum heat transfer to the sample is achieved by having excellent insulation around the cartridge and good flask coverage. All Electrothermal mantles go through the 'burn off' procedure at the end of the manufacturing process enabling use straight out of the box.
- Round bottom flask capacity of between 50ml - 1000ml
- Element temperatures up to 450°C
- Built-in energy regulator
- Indicator lamps for power and heater operation
- Replaceable insulated heater cartridge
- An easy to clean powder coated aluminium outer casing
- "Cool-to-the-touch" exterior
- Non-skid feet and support rod bracket (but not including the support rods)
- Added safety features such as a grounded earth screen and double fuses
- Uncontrolled versions are also available (recommended controller, MC5)
|Case Material||Powder Coated Aluminium|
|Max elemnet Temperature||450°C|
|Dimensions (d x w x h), mm||175 x 175 x 150|
|Shipping weight (kg)||0.75|
|Power||115v 50 60Hz, 100w|
|Number of Positions||Single Position|
|Power Source||with Power Controller|
|Size in mL||100|